The Editorial Team loved listening to Katie’s witty insights into modern parenthood. If you haven’t read her brutally honest blogs (complete with stick figure artwork), we definitely recommend them.
Here are a few highlights from Katie’s talk:
- The title ‘Hurrah For Gin’ was created on a whim. Katie’s husband originally advised against the name, thinking it might discourage brand sponsorship. However, the name (unsurprisingly) didn’t deter gin distillers from sending Katie free samples – in fact, the Leeds event was sponsored by Sipsmith!
- Aside from her children’s antics, Katie takes inspiration from Sue Townsend’s Adrian Mole series.
- Although she receives the occasional negative email, Katie is inundated with parents who relate to her articles. One mother even asked the blogger if she’d installed a spy camera in their family home.
- As social media is abundant with picture-perfect family photos, Katie suggested posting, ‘Crappest Moment of the Week’ instead.
- Her most popular articles? The Seven Stages of Sleep Deprivation and A Memo to All Toddlers re. Your Diet.
- Her least favourite Paw Patrol character is Mayor Humdinger.
Blogging tips and a complimentary gin and tonic on arrival = our kind of literary event!